Rogun dam and HPP as well as its infrastructures in the Republic of Tajikistan
Water And Environment - Dams
Ministry of Energy and Water Resources of the Republic of Tajikistan - OJSC Rogun HPP
Rogun Dam is a partially finished large clay-core rock-fill dam, expected to be the world’s highest and tallest dam when completed. It is located on the Vakhsh River in southern Tajikistan, upstream from the Nurek Dam.
It is designed to rise to a height of 1,099 feet (335 meters) above the canyon floor and to has a crest length of 2,165 feet (660 meters). Its design also includes the building of six hydroelectric generating units wif a power capacity of total 3,600 megawatts. Construction is expected to be completed in 2028.
- Construction of power plant and transformer cavern,
- Construction of valve cavern,
- Construction of water basin structure,
- Construction of water transfer tunnels,
- Construction of power plant and access tunnels,
- Construction of access roads,
- Consolidation and geotechnical operations,
- Open cut operations for building various structures